Friday, July 26, 2013

DevBytes: Anticipation & Overshoot, Part 2

Like my previous DevBytes episode, Anticipation and Overshoot, Part I," this episode covers cartoon animation techniques for making UI elements more engaging and playful. The code in this episode shows how to change and animate how a button is drawn to make it seem more alive and organic.

This and other cartoon animation techniques were discussed in the talk A Moving Experience at Google I/O 2013.

Code: http://developer.android.com/shareables/devbytes/Anticipation.zip

YouTube: DevBytes: Anticipation and Overshoot - Part 2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is there any reason why you set separate onTouchListener instead of simply overriding View's onTouch method? With custom touchListener (and returning true from it) you have to maintain proper pressed state (which you do in your listener). Looks like unnecessary thing to me.. Am I missing something?